Tuesday, November 6, 2018

The wedding

Outside the wedding hall on your way in
wedding stage
much of the ceremony is with the bride and groom (first each separately, then later together), seated on the floor and led by the local priest (left)...and yes this is a guy flying a drone while I was trying to take a picture! Presumably he was a photographer??

will you look at all the flowers??!!!!

Just before the official marriage, a cloth is put between them so they can't see each other
Putting a special paste on each other's heads is the seal of the marriage and is done right at the official wedding time (I believe it was 8:27PM), an auspiciously determined time (and incidentally the time on the invitations, which in fact has nothing to do with the start time of the wedding...much earlier)Ω

I don't have a great shot of all the pretty clothing so this is a glimpse of how gorgeous all the women were dressed. 

Everybody walks across the stage and blesses the couple by putting rice on their heads. 

the bride
the band
 

one of a series of about 40 shots of crazy faces...what happens when the girls get bored and you give them a camera. 
 
the bride's hair

AKP right in the thick of things...part 2 of the wedding.





dare I say she's having fun?










we were seated in the front row :-) Green saree is the mother of the groom



No comments:

Post a Comment